Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time lapse

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

First time lapse

I just wanted to share my first attempt at a time lapse video that I shot over the summer at Sequoia National Park in California.

https://vimeo.com/109294029

I used RawTherapee and Gimp for photo editing, then used avconv to put each individual sequence together and then used OpenShot to combine all the sequences into one video.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: First time lapse

That's pretty awesome, well done! I'm interested, what framerate did the photos end up being displayed at?
    Registered Ubuntu user #34794
    Registered Linux user #551518

Beans
    Distro

Thanks, I ended up using 25 fps since that was one of the options that openshot wanted to use for saving. I didn't look around too much to see if there was a was to save it in the 24 fps that I originally did for each segment.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Impressive. How about reading a poem or a John Muir passage as a voice-over?
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

Beans

Very good,
    some shots better than others, i.e the clouds / sunset.
    impressed with how to did it
    GOLDSHIRT9 was here

Beans
    Hidden!

Well done!
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans

Nice! im interested into time lapses, even if have not a good equipment for it yet, was checking for this avconv, need to ask you how did you used, cant get it yet! thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Very well done! I liked the soundtrack but at one point a thought that a ship was going to appear, I don't suppose you get many of those in that park
    I'd like to try time-lapse myself one day.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by shuichi View Post
    Nice! im interested into time lapses, even if have not a good equipment for it yet, was checking for this avconv, need to ask you how did you used, cant get it yet! thanks!
    This is the command that I was able to get to work with avconv
    Code:
    avconv -f image2 -i DSC_%04d.JPG -r 25 -s hd1080 test.mp4
    You will need to replace DSC_%04d.JPG with whatever format your camera uses to name its files and the files will need to be in numerical order starting at 1.
    Changing the -r number will change the framerate and -s lets you set the size.

Unfortunately avconv, like ffmpeg, seems to be very termperamental so I can't guarantee this command will work for other people(if you do a google search there are plenty of pages where people are giving different commands for both programs saying this was the only way they were able to get the program to work and couldn't figure out why the commands that other people had success with didn't work for them). Good luck

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by guine View Post
    This is the command that I was able to get to work with avconv
    Code:
    avconv -f image2 -i DSC_%04d.JPG -r 25 -s hd1080 test.mp4
    You will need to replace DSC_%04d.JPG with whatever format your camera uses to name its files and the files will need to be in numerical order starting at 1.
    Changing the -r number will change the framerate and -s lets you set the size.

Unfortunately avconv, like ffmpeg, seems to be very termperamental so I can't guarantee this command will work for other people(if you do a google search there are plenty of pages where people are giving different commands for both programs saying this was the only way they were able to get the program to work and couldn't figure out why the commands that other people had success with didn't work for them). Good luck
    Thank you very much! now is my time to try!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast