Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a DE close to OSX 10.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Is there a DE close to OSX 10.10

Two worlds in one - Unity 14.04 & Google Chrome. This combination provides the same function (and more) than what I used to have with Apple osX. To be fair, I stepped away from Mac around 10.4 - so I'm sure a lot has changed.

I really like the flow of Unity, and though a small detail - I really appreciate the clean fonts across system and applications. Google Chrome with Google Play, meets my needs better than iTunes. And again, if you play around with Unity, I believe the work flow will make since - coming from a Mac world.

If you dig Aqua and iTunes, pony up the coins and get a mac product. But before that, I would give Unity & Google Chrome a go

qamelian is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

OSX received Unix certification several years ago, so it is recognized as a genuine Unix.
    http://appleinsider.com/articles/07/..._certification

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Sayer View Post
    Doesn't Apple use the Mach kernel? So while they may have BSD certification (since they use the BSD libraries) it wouldn't actually really be Unix.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Maybe I am taking this off-topic, but this makes it sound as if OSX is Unix in all three senses:

Genetic UNIX
    Trademark UNIX
    Functional UNIX
    "The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves." - William Penn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12