Thread: UbuntuOne Login

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

UbuntuOne Login

Sorry if this has come up before. I do not log into launchpad that oftern but tried today and failed. I was suprised that the ubuntuone logon page come up but when I entered my launchpad password it didn't like it - are we saying that to use ubuntone everything like ubuntu forums, lunchpad had to have the same username and password? Surely this can't be true. Can you log into these environments without going through ubuntuone?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: UbuntuOne Login

I'm not sure why you would post this in New to Ubuntu but, although you are asking about logging into Launchpad, I've moved this to Forum Feedback & Help because it affects ubuntuforums as well.

When dealing with login queries, I tend to refer to Ubuntu One as Ubuntu One SSO - Single Sign On - as a way of emphasising its function, although I am not sure whether this is an "official" description or not. The Ubuntu One SSO login page:

https://login.ubuntu.com/

Does not mention SSO, but at the bottom of the page it says:

Ubuntu One. One place to log in to everything on Ubuntu.
    All of the Canonical-funded Ubuntu sites that I can think of use Ubuntu One for sign in. Askubuntu slightly confuses things - for me at least - by asking you to login via Launchpad, and then takes you to the Ubuntu One login page anyway.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.