Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Firefox 33 slow?

Beans

Re: Firefox 33

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    What about when you use the page up and page down keys?
    Works perfect.

Beans

Re: Firefox 33

Quote Originally Posted by sammiev View Post
    Works perfect.
    So that plus the fact that using the scrollbar also is perfect narrows down matters to something mousy as opposed to CPU/GPU/RAM, etc.

I've been keeping "Use autoscrolling", "Use smooth scrolling", and "Use hardware acceleration when available" unticked for as long as I remember but you could look at what comes up when you type scroll in about:config. I have too much invested in Firefox to dump it

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Firefox 33 slow?

Ive been using more and more chromium. It sucks to say because I use to be a huge firefox fanboy. I still like it because I feel its the best browser for extensions that work properly but with a page with a ton of images, for years no matter the cpu im on the browser is just so slow and sluggish. Chromium just seems lighter and faster. Maybe my firefox profile is bloated (ive been using it for years, afraid to change it) but I wish Firefox was better than chromium in terms of performance. A bit off topic but I cant seem to get Amazon prime to work under chromium but only in FF.
    Last edited by tjeremiah; October 24th, 2014 at 04:16 AM.
    Intel i5 Ivy Bridge 2.8Ghz (3.4Ghz Turbo), 64bit user, AMD GPU 7700 series

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by tjeremiah View Post
    Ive been using more and more chromium. It sucks to say because I use to be a huge firefox fanboy. I still like it because I feel its the best browser for extensions that work properly but with a page with a ton of images, for years no matter the cpu im on the browser is just so slow and sluggish. Chromium just seems lighter and faster. Maybe my firefox profile is bloated (ive been using it for years, afraid to change it) but I wish Firefox was better than chromium in terms of performance. A bit off topic but I cant seem to get Amazon prime to work under chromium but only in FF.
    +1

Firefox has somehow become so bloated. I don't see how a browser can use at times more resources than a game, but it shouldn't.

Beans

FF34 is out and I had to look to see if I was using the same computer. Problem solved!

Beans

FF34 is out and I had to look to see if I was using the same computer. Problem solved!
    That's great but I think the official release date is Dec 2. This page still has 33.1.1: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/#firefox

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Yep, on Ubuntu we are still at Firefox 33.0 for the driver fixes of 33.1.1 doesn't concern Linux. Firefox 34 stable has been postponed to the 1st or 2nd of December: it was previously scheduled for November 25th.

sammiev must be on the beta channel or else he has the 33.0 stable built.
    Last edited by Tar_Ni; November 28th, 2014 at 01:31 AM.

Beans

FF34 came in on 15.04 today on the updates and I'm using it on VMware. My main OS 14.10 using FF33 is a turtle and it's not on a VM.

Beans

FF34 came in on 15.04 today on the updates ...
    @sammiev, can you please check if it's the beta version? The link I provided normally shows the new version of Firefox before the Software Center does.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    @sammiev, can you please check if it's the beta version? The link I provided normally shows the new version of Firefox before the Software Center does.
    Attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast