Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: cant find a working email clent

Beans

Re: cant find a working email clent

Quote Originally Posted by buzzingrobot View Post
    Another approach is to funnel copies of all mail to a single provider. That's what I do for the three providers I use: Each is set to forward copies to Gmail, and I point the client at Gmail. A side effect is that each provider archives mail, and it's archived as well at GMail.

Haven't used Outlook or Windows for more than a few moments in more than 10 years, so I can't speak to mail on that side of the fence.

Yea good idea (except i dont touch google with a barge pole (i do have a gmail account but thats a ....well... lets say "special account). But the idea is valid i shall look into forwarding everything to my own mail servers, thx.

Beans

I switched from TB to Claws a year or so ago, and am very happy with it.

Beans

Why all those picky requirements? It is not like the universe will explode if you don't get notified of a new email with flashing light and loud speaker the second it arrives. I wonder what do you spend your time on other than reading emails. Sounds like instant notification with flashing screen and what not are something that would be "needed" only by some compulsive obsessive users rather than reasonable features to expect from a "working mail client" (most people I suspect would NOT want to be distracted randomly whenever some spam arrives in their inboxes)

But then I don't really understand the need of a email client anyway.
    Last edited by monkeybrain20122; August 29th, 2015 at 10:24 PM.

Beans

i like to see with a glance (pop-up notification) who any incoming mail is from & if it needs responding to, plus i tend to think it rude not to respond to certain emails immediately rather than in a couple of days time (and trading in btc its imperative to respond immediately to purchase orders). I think keep opening a web pages & logging on just to see there is no new mail is not preferable, plus i have many email accounts from different hosts so a local client brings them all together and also you cant use PGP on a web based email AFAIK (well you could just paste encrypted signed text but its integrated so much nicer with a client).

each to their own.
    Last edited by jackdinn; August 29th, 2015 at 10:35 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123