Thread: Metro Last Light

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Metro Last Light

Metro Last Light is awesome. The beginning is not special, so I played in between the latest Wolfenstein. Wolfenstein starts very good but gets more and more stupid. And after 15-20 hours you've
    already done playing.-
    On the other side, I've never had more fun playing Metro than after ~5 hours. Graphics etc. all seems to improve and it says that I've only played 7%....many more hours to come.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Metro Last Light

checking steam, it says i played 153 hours of the game and I've only played it thru once. it's definitely a fun/long game. i played it back when I had a much less powerful gaming rig and really want to replay it using my i5-4670k and GTX 760 but the xbox 360 wired controller buttons are all messed up using the default xpad. I know there's supposedly a fix, i just need to rmmod xpad and then start xboxdrv with some options but i just having gotten around to doing that. Too busy playing Borderlands 2 right now in LINUX. WHOOT WHOOT

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Yeah Metro Last Light is awesome! I like how it is from a different perspective, an eastern european perspective. You get a glimpse of their culture, issues that they face, and manner of thinking through the game.

When all the fighting erupted in Ukraine, it reminded me Metro LL straight away. Even the way people were dressed, the troops of both Ukraine and the pro-Russian rebels, the neo-fascists in Kiev, etc. You can see that the game actually really portrays the microcosm of real issues that faces Ukraine and the former soviet block as a whole.

However I heard that the developer has opened up a new studio in Malta and is moving many projects down to the island. I wonder how good their future games will be without the environment that Kiev was in which so inspired the culture, theme, dynamics, and visual art of the game? Malta is drastically different. More like Sicily in the Godfather II.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I get out of gas masks in the swamp while waiting for the boat. Where to find more gas masks? It also crashes at every scene replay, very annoying. Seems I was lucky before that with crashes...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCyber View Post
    I get out of gas masks in the swamp while waiting for the boat. Where to find more gas masks? It also crashes at every scene replay, very annoying. Seems I was lucky before that with crashes...
    I haven't played Metro LL properly since Jan this year. I honestly can't remember. But what I do remember is that the level was difficult but doable. You should be right if you try and figure it out. Otherwise, try the many guides and walkthroughs available on the internet. It may spoil the fun though in my opinion.

As for the crashing, what hardware are you running again and what driver version? I must say that I didn't have any problems with the Catalyst version from back in Dec-Jan with a 290X. If you're with the red team (AMD) the drivers should be even better now. On Phoronix Unigine Valley benchmarks I'm getting 20+ more FPS compared to Dec-Jan.