Thread: Banshee does not follow currently track

Beans

Banshee does not follow currently track

I have muliple tracks on playlist with enabled randomization, so entire playlist is not fitting on the screen.

I expected that on finishing current track and skipping to the next one currently displayed track will change and show part of playlist including currently played one.

It is not happening, playlist is not moving.

I found no option to change this (unlike for example foobar2000), my google search also failed. Is there a way to do this?

I am using Banshee 2.6.2.

Optionally - is there some audio player that would allow more significant customization (like foobar2000)?

Beans

Re: Banshee does not follow currently track

I've never actually used banshee much so I can't answer that part. And I don't know of any linux music players similar to foobar because I think foobar is a kludgy, buggy, poorly documented piece of crap. If I were running windows more I'd use vlc as a music player ... it's quite good in linux too, though it's not my default video player.

The good news is that there are tons of linux music players. I actually use 2 of them. Clementine usually because the playlist features do what I want. Or Audacious for playing one track because it boots up fast.

There are lots of them in the ubuntu repos, which I recommend sticking to for new users. The only music player requiring an external ppa to install that I'd bother with is deadbeef, but that's because it's fairly easy to get bit perfect audio with it, not for its playlist features.