Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone got a spare GMail invite thing?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Anyone got a spare GMail invite thing?

I hate how a simple question like this becomes suddenly inundated by beggars, but I really need an email account that isn't yahoo, aol, hotmail, etc. to sign up for something.

I would greatly appreciate any info or help on this, as though I realise there are plenty of free email providers that aren't those this form won't accept, they're all slow and unreliable in my experience. My own website email is slow (I waited three weeks for something when the form reckons it should be ten minutes.) and I can't afford to pay for one.

I've heard good things about gmail, so here is my beg: Pretty please help me?
    When you only have two choices, take the third.
    Quote Originally Posted by em es
    You know, I actually feel claustrophobic when I boot into XP.
    Easy ways to install multimedia codecs (wma, dvd playback etc), internet formats (flash, java etc) and more.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Anyone got a spare GMail invite thing?

What's your email address?
    SPECIAL ORDER 937: "NOSTROMO REROUTED TO NEW COORDINATES. INVESTIGATE LIFE FORM. GATHER SPECIMEN. PRIORITY ONE. INSURE RETURN OF ORGANISM FOR ANALYSIS. ALL OTHER CONSIDERATIONS SECONDARY. CREW EXPENDABLE."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

I've got plenty. Anyone who wants one, just PM me.

Paul
    Google for Linux | How to install anything | Linux Guides | Where's Root?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06

I have gmail and I have yet to see the "invite a friend" thingey.

Beans

ewww.... gmail... the hyped up email that was supposed to be "different". I love Googles amazing ability to create hype over something small

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsie View Post
    ewww.... gmail... the hyped up email that was supposed to be "different". I love Googles amazing ability to create hype over something small
    1. You do get like 2.5+ GB of space that grows over time (why anybody needs 2.5 GB of space for email is beyond me though).

2. Gmail has some pretty good spam filters built in.

3. Gmail has POP3/SMTP support and Forwarding. I have my mom set up using Thunderbird with a Gmail account...she loves it.

4. The 'search' feature on the web interface is really handy (although, you could do this through Thunderbird or another email app if you're using POP3).

5. It's highly configurable for a web based servivce. For example, I used Gmail the other day to help out a customer. His mail server his company was using only supported a web interface (no POP3/SMTP), but he needed to be able to send email through Outlook Express. So I set him up with a GMail account and was able to configure it so the outgoing address on the email was his company's address instead of the Gmail address. Pretty slick.

6. It's free.

With that said, Gmail is probably hyped up too much, but it also offers more features than your average free, web-based email service.

Anyway, I too have a lot of Gmail invites if anybody ever needs it. Please put 'I need a Gmail invite' or something like that as the subject of your email so I don't accidentally delete your message.

-teet

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

About the 2.5 gigs of space...you might need that, if you go on holiday and come back find you have a message box indundated with spam, as a result blocking any new e-mails. Once happened to me on my msn account 25mb.

True. lots of hype. But it's nice.

Beans

anyone who need a gmail invitation, "call me" - I've got 4 to give.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Biltong (Dee) View Post
    I have gmail and I have yet to see the "invite a friend" thingey.
    Look to the lower left when in your Gmail account via a web browser.

And as for my 2 cents:

I love my Gmail account. I like simple and plentiful. I have about 95 invites available, so PM me if you would like me to send you an invite.

I have tons of invites. PM me if you want one.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast