Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: upgrade from 14.04 to 14.10 unable to mount usb drive and other function not working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

upgrade from 14.04 to 14.10 unable to mount usb drive and other function not working

upgrade from 14.04 to 14.10 upgrade was fine, but i'm not able to mount usb drive: "operation not permitted"
    all activities that need also an admin password request are not working and passoword box is not prompet and not appearing.
    can't see advance settings for users and group, can't star gparted from the gui, but it works if i use terminal with command "sudo gparted".

Thanks in advance

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: upgrade from 14.04 to 14.10 unable to mount usb drive and other function not work

Quote Originally Posted by SpUpUz View Post
    upgrade from 14.04 to 14.10 upgrade was fine, but i'm not able to mount usb drive: "operation not permitted"
    all activities that need also an admin password request are not working and passoword box is not prompet and not appearing.
    can't see advance settings for users and group, can't star gparted from the gui, but it works if i use terminal with command "sudo gparted".

Thanks in advance
    Check if You have ~/.gksu.lock and try to remove it if it is present.

Beans
    Distro

Re: upgrade from 14.04 to 14.10 unable to mount usb drive and other function not work

i did it but the problem remain

Beans

What method did you use to upgrade?

Beans
    Distro

sudo do-release-upgrade -d from terminal

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Does dmesg indicate that the usb drive has been detected properly?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    Does dmesg indicate that the usb drive has been detected properly?
    yes it is, unfortunately usb mount from gui it is not the only problem as i said all the operation that request a gui box for password doing something administraively are not working, for example administering user and groups advanced settings, or trying to opening gparted.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Thanks in advance
    What desktop are you using .. unity? , gnome-shell, gnome-session ??

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    What desktop are you using .. unity? , gnome-shell, gnome-session ??
    using unity.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

using unity.
    s' happened to me a few times. I would try to install gnome-session-fallback(flashback) and use the metacity session to see if USB's are working. If so then you know something got borked in the unity-desktop during the upgrade. This may not help but it has helped many broken unity sessions I have had during development. In fact I always make it a point to have another desktop environment installed just for these cases.

Then uninstall unity-desktop and reinstall it - see what happens..

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast