Hello,
We recently bought an Acer P5307WB DLP Projector to use in our 'conference' room. All of our computers use Ubuntu 14.04, but the software to stream the display to the projector over LAN (Acer eDisplay) is ******* & Mac only. (there's also an android app btw)
I succeeded in getting the software to run in wine, but the resolution is all wrong and can't be changed and parts of the desktop get cut off. There's also some graphical issues (relics). When I connect through VGA/HDMI everything is fine (but our cables don't reach far enough).
I've searched with google and duckduckgo, but the problem has never been solved. There's a few threads e.g. "[SOLVED] Network Projector Software Linux" (here) but the last message there is:
Hey did you ever find a solution?
No.
Most other related topics (both on ubuntuforums and other sites) have been buried, necroed and buried again without a solution being found. In most cases all of this happened years ago.

If anyone knows how to get a projector to work with linux over LAN, or knows a place where I can find the answer, thank you in advance.

Friendly greetings from a little place where everything runs linux.