Thread: Making the Switch to Ubuntu 14.04

Beans

Making the Switch to Ubuntu 14.04

I made the switch from dual booting W7 and Ubuntu to now only Ubuntu 14.04 but I have a question or 2 and I use this desktop for my banking so I was reading and notice there is clamtk but I don't reading need it and can I download movies or songs I use firefox for my banking needs and chrome for my downloads due to chrome has the safe site advisory
    I always watch the installing of Ubuntu and iptables pops up once in awhile so thats my firewall correct
    and I have a firewall on my router.

Beans

Re: Making the Switch to Ubuntu 14.04

Relax and enjoy your Linux machine...

A default install of Linux is so much more secure than the competition, you should not fear much.

d-cosner is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans

Glad to hear you made the switch! I have always gone with just one OS on my desktop. Ubuntu with it's full set of applications takes up far less space than Windows. As for security, you should be fine.

Beans

Thanks guys

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Quote Originally Posted by d-cosner View Post
    Glad to hear you made the switch! I have always gone with just one OS on my desktop. Ubuntu with it's full set of applications takes up far less space than Windows. As for security, you should be fine.
    You'll be more than fine; any Linux distribution is far more secure than that porous, vulnerable, buggy, bloated OS known as Windows.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819