Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Counter Strike - Global Offensive

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Counter Strike - Global Offensive

Quote Originally Posted by jlassesen View Post
    Anyone know anything about optimizations for linux vs CSGO to enhance performance, increase FPS, and so forth ? How many pro players out there runs GO from a Linux OS ?
    I doubt that any pro-players will be using Linux at this time as the game has not been out for Linux that long. From your other thread I would say the best you could do to have a better gaming experience on Linux at the moment would be to switch to a nvidia card. Once the AMD drivers catch up this will off course change but is true for the current stare of things.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Re: Counter Strike - Global Offensive

Ths is hardly the first Linux game from Steam with a rocky rollout. Patience; it's in their best interest to make the game playable. I remember having to tweak something to get DOTA 2 to display properly on Day One.

And everything you read about nVidia versus ATI on these forums and on just abut every other Linux forum is true. The ATI proprietary drivers are (sometimes) actually inferior to the FOSS ATI drivers, and the proprietary nVidia drivers are far superior to the FOSS nVidia drivers. The bottom line is that, whenever possible, buy nVidia if you're using Linux.
    Last edited by oldrocker99; October 15th, 2014 at 05:20 PM.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12