Thread: usb mount problems

Beans

usb mount problems

Been trying the hole day to create a startup disk. when i use "disks" i kan make a partition with my iso, its booable and should work. If i try startup disk creator it shows my drive as full with no extra space. I try to erase it but i doesnt work (left it fo a hour and when i came back it was still trying to erase it. the disk is 8 gb. I used it onse before with startup disk creator and it worked fine at that time! This is what comes up when I try to mount it!

Error mounting system-managed device /dev/sdb1: Command-line `mount "/mnt/sdb1"' exited with non-zero exit status 32: mount: block device /dev/sdb1 is write-protected, mounting read-only
    mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1,
    missing codepage or helper program, or other error
    In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
    dmesg | tail or so

(udisks-error-quark, 0)

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: usb mount problems

Welcome to the Ubuntu Forums

The Startup Disk Creator works well for me to create a USB boot disk (pendrive), but there is a bug, that prevents it from erasing the pendrive. So if you want to erase it, you must use another tool, for example gparted.

You can also try another tool for making USB boot disks (pendrives), for example Unetbootin or mkusb. I am right now finishing the development of mkusb version 9. See this link

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/mkusb

Beans

Re: usb mount problems

Quote Originally Posted by sudodus View Post
    Welcome to the Ubuntu Forums

The Startup Disk Creator works well for me to create a USB boot disk (pendrive), but there is a bug, that prevents it from erasing the pendrive. So if you want to erase it, you must use another tool, for example gparted.

You can also try another tool for making USB boot disks (pendrives), for example Unetbootin or mkusb. I am right now finishing the development of mkusb version 9. See this link

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/mkusb
    I was having similar problems earlier. I didn't mention it in the other thread, but when I got my USB drive back to MBR and Fat32 formatted, the first time I tried to put the ISO on the stick, it copied the files, but the boot loader failed. So then I used SDC to erase the disk so I could try again and it worked.