Thread: Kubuntu orange wallpaper

Beans

Kubuntu orange wallpaper

I typically run a slew of conky scripts down the right side of my monitors, tending towards the "burnt umber" (dark orange) theme. I've recently been using Kubuntu since the 14.04 LTS version, and just love the DE. Don't get me wrong, Unity is great for what it is intended for (simplicity); and Xfce and others are fine for older/slower hardware. I have a beast of a system, so I don't mind some extra cycles to add to the wow-factor.

Anyway, here is my 1920x1080 wallpaper (not sure where would have been the best place to share, so I picked this subforum):
    kubuntu-orange_1920x1080.jpg

I made the Ubuntu logo from scratch using Xara (the only reason I keep windows around - why'd they give up on the linux version?!) and the KDE gear was from the wiki's svg (modified to remove the K and complete the gear); the background is just a rectangle with a tweaked plasma cloud fill, etc. I really tried to force myself to use INKSCAPE, but it's just so cumbersome (interface- and capability-wise). Xara has nailed it, and I wish they'd continue with the open source (or even a close source) version.

My two dream applications (graphically speaking) for Linux would be: XARA and IRFANVEIW. I run xara via a VM (Oracle) and Irfanview via WINE.

Questions, comments, snide remarks are all welcome!

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

Re: Kubuntu orange wallpaper

Maybe you should enter it. It would get my vote.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2014/07/u...-opens-entries

Beans

It looks nice but the link goes to a 1024x576 version, can you post a 1080 version?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Warning: unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.

Beans

Sorry, Joe_7, but I did upload the 1920x1080. I think the forum re-sizes them. Here is a link for the full 1920x1080 size.

To ofnuts: Thank you for the link to blog regarding Fotoxx. I'm going to be checking that out today! Always on the lookout for an linux IrfanView!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by myrkat View Post
    Sorry, Joe_7, but I did upload the 1920x1080. I think the forum re-sizes them. Here is a link for the full 1920x1080 size.

To ofnuts: Thank you for the link to blog regarding Fotoxx. I'm going to be checking that out today! Always on the lookout for an linux IrfanView!
    Really nice job!

Here's my fiddling in gimp
    Found 2 pictures on internet and combined them.

Beans

Nice one..