Thread: Bouncing Ball in Linux Mint 17. If you are still screwing with crazy thing.

Beans

Cool Bouncing Ball in Linux Mint 17. If you are still screwing with crazy thing.

I am very new in Linux, but I love to have fun with this beautiful OS. I recently installed Linux Mint KDE 17 full plasma. I installed Windows games, apps and got all I needed for the fully functioning machine. I got bored and started playing with those pretty things the OS gives you. Today I got to the widgets and found the bouncy ball, and added auto bounce and much more for it with out any idea what is going to happen after all. Finally I ended up clicking creaming, going crazy, trying to get that damn ball out of my screen and had no luck at all. Tried all the advices that the forum have provided, but nothing freezes, nothing works, and the freaking ball is still there jumping hopping all over the screen. After 15 minutes I got the idea, and it worked!!!

1. Open Synaptic Package Manager
    2. Type bouncy ball in the search window above
    3. Pick plasma-widgets-addons (the package contains bouncy ball widget)
    4. Right or Left click on it and pick Mark for Removal (not For Complete Removal !)
    5. Click Apply
    6. Restart the system and watch that crazy thing is gone. Most likely it will have a ghostly leftover on the screen that could be easily
    closed/remove.

Well, now you can go back to Synaptic Manager, to type bouncy ball or plasma-widgets-addons and install them back again and add
    new plasma widgets and have fun with that crazy ball .
    That's all. No headache, easy, nice and clean. Good luck, I hope it was helpful.

Sincerely,

DancingWind

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Bouncing Ball in Linux Mint 17. If you are still screwing with crazy thing.

Crisis averted...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Arrow Re: Bouncing Ball in Linux Mint 17. If you are still screwing with crazy thing.

All is well again. I like the bouncing ball but I know someone who hates it with a passion. He actually goes on rants about it!
    A friendly & helpful Linux community who has started a large cursor theme project. If you are sick of tiny cursors, go here and get one.
    http://linuxinternationals.org/forum...orum.php?f=166

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Bouncing Ball in Linux Mint 17. If you are still screwing with crazy thing.

I don't know, can't rightly remember how, but I do remember turning it off without the need to remove the package.
    And it wasn't some hidden ancient secret, it was obvious and simple.
    Can't say what changed to make it difficult. It was several Kubuntu's ago.
    And I'm utterly clueless as to what tweaks/tricks mint throws at it.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful