Thread: HDMI - No Output

Beans

Cool HDMI - No Output

IF THIS IS IN THE WRONG PLACE PLEASE SEND IT TO THE RIGHT PLACE!

I would like to know why since I upgraded from Ubuntu 13.04 to 14.04LTS I no longer get HDMI output? I was able to with no problems but now I don't get any video out. I am using a Gateway m-1625 laptop with 3gb memory and plenty of storage space on my hard drives (one external). My video card is ATI Radeon Xpress 1200/1250/1270. Do I need to update my ATI drivers or what? I don't know coding, so you would have to help me with that if that's the case. Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: HDMI - No Output

Hello!

Unfortunately, AMD/ATI dropped Linux support for that adapter quite some time ago, so there is no driver to update to. You will need to stick with the open source driver installed with Ubuntu. There is nothing to be done about this, since proprietary drivers are supplied by OEMs, not OS distributors.

Do you at least get output to your laptop screen?
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Re: HDMI - No Output

I get output to my screen, I was just wondering to show videos on the big tv screen or even show what I am doing on the big screen for demonstrating stuff. Thanks...I guess I will have to eventually get a desktop and use a TV as my monitor (assuming I can find a video card that uses HDMI output).