Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Do I Protect My Personal Data?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: How Do I Protect My Personal Data?

Im running 12.04 now and having typed sudo apt-get install gnome-disk-utility I'm told it is already at the newest version - but where is it? When you say "...Select your new free partition which you want to use as encrypted container;
    - Then in the icon bar below the partition......" what do I launch? Sorry for this but it is not obvious in the menus I have what to launch.

Beans
    Distro

I think I may have done this - see attached. I will continue and come back if I get into any trouble.

Beans
    Distro

Spoke too soon. During the setup (re the Passphrase) I opted for Remeber forever. Is it possible to change this to Forget password immediately and/or Remember password until you logout so I can see the 'real world' difference?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Well, your screenshot looks very promising. Congratulations, it looks like you did it!
    Now concerning this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarkrad View Post
    Spoke too soon. During the setup (re the Passphrase) I opted for Remeber forever. Is it possible to change this to Forget password immediately and/or Remember password until you logout so I can see the 'real world' difference?
    Yes; in my Xubuntu which should be the same as Ubuntu in our case, it's the keyring manager which stores these passwords "forever": the program's name is "seahorse" and you can either start it via terminal or via the GUI way (don't remember the Ubuntu-Unity way; in Xubuntu there's the XFCE configuration center and there's the "seahorse" as an icon with two keys. Btw, in Xubuntu I had to add "seahorse" manually from the software center, but you're using normal Ubuntu so I think it's already there.)

Anyway, in the keyring manager (seahorse) you can browse through all your entered keys and delete those for your encrypted containers, for example. That should do the trick, I hope. It does here for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12