Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Desperately seeking PPC & Intel Testers for 14.10 release ASAP!!! Now!!!!

Beans

Desperately seeking PPC & Intel Testers for 14.10 release ASAP!!! Now!!!!

FW'd from lubuntu-user list-serve:

Subject: Testing begins for Lubuntu 14.10 Beta 1, due on 28 August!

Sorry, would have let you know sooner, but I just found out!

The alternates are beginning to get built and put onto the ISO QA
    Tracker [1]. Now is the time to join testing [2], so download an ISO
    and see what you can break.

Again, with 14.10, we're trying to do a bug fix release to get us
    ready for the major innovation of LXQt, slated for 15.04, so test
    hard!

I especially beg you PPC users to test (formally, with the tracker,
    not through emails to the mailing list) so that we can fix those
    nagging issues that prevents the release from being really solid.

Finally, an extra special request for anyone with an Intel Mac: please
    test FIRST with the amd64 version. If you can't boot it, use the
    amd64+mac version. Either way, i'd like to know what version of the
    firmware you have.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to email or find me on IRC.

Thanks!

wxl

[1] http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/m...nes/322/builds
    [2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Testing

Beans

Re: Desperately seeking PPC & Intel Testers for 14.10 release ASAP!!! Now!!!!

Folks:

Beta testing 14.10:

Bug report #1363180

for the alt install: During testing for PPC 14.10 alternate install CD on iBook G4 the process got as far as the Yaboot window boot prompt . . . entering various commands resulted in response: "claim error, can't allocate e00000 at 0 x c2000000; claim error, can't allocate kernel memory." Built 20140826.1 No further testing could be done.

for live desktop: Problem "replicated" using the desktop iso downloaded today build 20140829 got to the Yaboot boot prompt window, entering "live" and various other choices offered under "tab" brings identical "claim error" . . . adding on some "radeonfb= items brings "invalid device" . . . . So, I would again say that "testing failed" on the G4 iBook with 14.10 beta . . . could not proceed past the Yaboot window . . . .

Maybe for sh*ts & giggles I'll register the iMac 800 on QA and try to boot the iso's . . . .

e.e.p.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by este.el.paz View Post
    Folks:

Beta testing 14.10:

Bug report #1363180
    for the alt install: . . entering various commands resulted in response: "claim error, can't allocate e00000 at 0 x c2000000; claim error, can't allocate kernel memory." Built 20140826.1 No further testing could be done.
    for live desktop: Problem "replicated" using the desktop iso downloaded today build 20140829 got to the Yaboot boot prompt window, entering "live" and various other choices offered under "tab" brings identical "claim error" . . . adding on some "radeonfb= items brings "invalid device" . . . . So, I would again say that "testing failed" on the G4 iBook with 14.10 beta . . . could not proceed past the Yaboot window . . . .
    Maybe for sh*ts & giggles I'll register the iMac 800 on QA and try to boot the iso's . . . .
    e.e.p.
    Problem was replicated while trying to "boot" the live Desktop in my iMac G4 800 Mhz w/1GB RAM . . . identical "claim error" and "invalid device" responses as with the iBook. Couldn't get the iMac registered with QA because the Xubuntu/Lubuntu 12.04 system "could not find gist" . . . took a while to get apt to suggest "yorick" . . . but then running the long command to generate a clipit statement did not provide a URL . . . . Anyway, same failure to get past the Yaboot window was discovered using daily build 20140829 on the iMac . . . .

Beans

Hi All,

I have just updated my Lubuntu 14.04 to 14.10 on my AmigaONE X1000 PowerPC. I want to do some beta testing. Srtest also has installed Lubuntu 14.10 on his AmigaONE X1000 PowerPC.

Here our experiences: http://forum.hyperion-entertainment....hp?f=35&t=2614

Unfortunately, 3D acceleration doesn't work. And all unofficial Mesa packages don't work either.

Rgds,

Christian

Beans

xeno74:

That's great, I appreciate your efforts, but the devs want "formal testing" . . . apparently they don't read the forum posts, so you have to go to those QA links in the first post . . . and install the "hardinfo gist and clipit" apps and register your computer(s) in the QA testing thingie . . . and then run through their various tests . . . and then ***file bug reports*** on Launchpad . . . they only see that way . . . . It's a little more time consuming . . . but it would help support PPC development if they can see that there are more than two people with PPC computers using ubuntu . . . .

e.e.p.

Beans

xeno74:

That's great, I appreciate your efforts, but the devs want "formal testing" . . . apparently they don't read the forum posts, so you have to go to those QA links in the first post . . . and install the "hardinfo gist and clipit" apps and register your computer(s) in the QA testing thingie . . . and then run through their various tests . . . and then ***file bug reports*** on Launchpad . . . they only see that way . . . . It's a little more time consuming . . . but it would help support PPC development if they can see that there are more than two people with PPC computers using ubuntu . . . .

e.e.p.
    Thanks a lot for your answer. I'll register my PPC computers. By the way, I updated Lubuntu 14.04 to 14.10 on my Sam440ep Flex PowerPC.
    Link: http://forum.hyperion-entertainment....hp?f=52&t=2617

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by xeno74 View Post
    Thanks a lot for your answer. I'll register my PPC computers. By the way, I updated Lubuntu 14.04 to 14.10 on my Sam440ep Flex PowerPC.
    Link: http://forum.hyperion-entertainment....hp?f=52&t=2617
    @xeno74:

Great. Thanks for taking the time to do "formal" registration; and thanks for the link to the detailed step by step upshifting to 14.10. I'm mostly doing LTS these days, and I upgraded to 14.04 on my iBook through the GUI, seemed to take quite awhile in comparison to the CLI method . . . .

e.e.p.

Beans

Lubuntu 14.10 PowerPC beta with the unofficial Mesa.

Beans

xeno74:

e.e.p.
    My PPC computers are already registered (AmigaOne X1000 and Sam440ep Flex). Link: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Hardware

Beans

Srtest's Lubuntu 14.10 PPC desktop:

Last edited by xeno74; September 7th, 2014 at 11:27 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast