Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Converting files to Xvid

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Converting files to Xvid

Telling a new Ubuntu user that he or she needs to compile something is definitely not the best approach.

OP, try installing winff with "sudo apt-get install winff" then choose AVI from the "Convert to" box and the appropriate XviD "Preset" for your content.
    If you ask for help, please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Distro

Thumbs up Re: Converting files to Xvid

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    Telling a new Ubuntu user that he or she needs to compile something is definitely not the best approach.

OP, try installing winff with "sudo apt-get install winff" then choose AVI from the "Convert to" box and the appropriate XviD "Preset" for your content.

It worked many many thanks wow that is what im looking for

thank u sir
    [/CODE]Processor: Intel ® Core i7- 4770K processor Memory clock : 1600 MHz DDR3, CL10 9-9-9-24
    GTX 760 OCWF3X,2GBDDR5 Motherboard: MSI Z87 -G45 GAMING ATX memory : 32GB
    SSD : SAMSUNG SSD 840 PRO 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Green 2TB SATA 6Gb
    [CODE]

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by firas2 View Post
    thank u sir for ur help I would Love to have ffmpeg , I did download it from there website , But I couldnt figure out how to run it

So i gave up on it ,, sorry newbi here
    You just have to download it (from one of the links under the "Linux Static Builds" section), then extract it (the file browser GUI should be able to do that for you or use the tar command), then navigate to the directory containing the ffmpeg file you downloaded. Then just run it in terminal, but don't forget the ./:
    Code:
    ./ffmpeg -i input -vcodec mpeg4 -acodec libmp3lame -q:v 2 -q:a 4 output.avi
    Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    Notice that I also provided a link to simply download a binary, and even new users who can follow instructions and cut and paste have compiled successfully.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by FakeOutdoorsman View Post
    You just have to download it (from one of the links under the "Linux Static Builds" section), then extract it (the file browser GUI should be able to do that for you or use the tar command), then navigate to the directory containing the ffmpeg file you downloaded. Then just run it in terminal, but don't forget the ./:
    Code:
    ./ffmpeg -i input -vcodec mpeg4 -acodec libmp3lame -q:v 2 -q:a 4 output.avi

Notice that I also provided a link to simply download a binary, and even new users who can follow instructions and cut and paste have compiled successfully.
    Hi ur right I did not open the Link u provided , sorry there was a reson i did not do so , I was thinking it will take me back to the home page where i was @ the first place
    and did not get any luck

if this makes it clear , and English is my third Language , ( but im hanging in there )

many thanks
    [/CODE]Processor: Intel ® Core i7- 4770K processor Memory clock : 1600 MHz DDR3, CL10 9-9-9-24
    [CODE]

Beans

Does OpenShot video converter allow you to do this? I use it for other things - like converting old home movies or extracting/pasting parts of videos, but I never tried using dvix as the output type so I don't know if it supports it or not.
    ==================================
    Dell Studio 1735, Ubuntu 14.04.
    Not a knowledgable user.
    ==================================

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by dave131 View Post
    Does OpenShot video converter allow you to do this? I use it for other things - like converting old home movies or extracting/pasting parts of videos, but I never tried using dvix as the output type so I don't know if it supports it or not.
    Good day Im not sure about openshot But here take a look at winff it worked great for me

http://u.cubeupload.com/elfc/20140829214216384x21.png

http://u.cubeupload.com/elfc/201408292143181920x1.png
    [CODE]

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by FakeOutdoorsman View Post
    My eyes are not good enough to see if it really makes a huge difference but I usually use this as well:

3.9 Which are good parameters for encoding high quality MPEG-4?

Certainly looks pretty reasonable on my wife's tv which is one of those unfortunate devices that does not understand h.264, aac and mp4 container .
    Last edited by andrew.46; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:51 AM.
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.46 View Post
    My eyes are not good enough to see if it really makes a huge difference but I usually use this as well:

3.9 Which are good parameters for encoding high quality MPEG-4?

Certainly looks pretty reasonable on my wife's tv which is one of those unfortunate devices that does not understand h.264, aac and mp4 container .
    very good info thanks
    [CODE]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12