Thread: Installing Touch Edition on a Wacom Companion Hybrid: Is it a good Idea?

Beans

Question Installing Touch Edition on a Wacom Companion Hybrid: Is it a good Idea?

Er, um Hi there! This is my first post here, and I'm wondering if anyone here has tried to install the touch edition, or any edition on a Wacom Cintiq Companion Hybrid ... or if that is even a good idea.

The thing I'm worried about the most is whether or not I would still be able to use it as an external tablet to my computer after installing Ubuntu on it ... and I would really Like to do so (Mainly for the fact that there are quite a few art apps in ubuntu already) However Ubuntu doesn't have the one that I end up using the most ... so um yeah.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Installing Touch Edition on a Wacom Companion Hybrid: Is it a good Idea?

It is never a good idea to do an experiment that could turn your device into a useless piece of plastic. The Ubuntu phone/tablet images that are available for download are for the Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and the Nexus 10 devices.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

Re: Installing Touch Edition on a Wacom Companion Hybrid: Is it a good Idea?

Alright, Kinda figured that.

Welp, Thanks!