Thread: Dead Island Linux Port

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Dead Island Linux Port

Well a few moments ago I had logged into steam (linux version) and saw that a linux port of Dead Island is propably being worked on. I was able to install the game using a backup from my windows partition but alas when I tried to start it stated that the dreaded 'missing executable' error came up (even after verifying the game cache). I hope that this gets patched as soon as possible. Linux needs more AAA games (preferably newer games and not ancient ones).

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Dead Island Linux Port

You could always just download it without attempting to use Windows data files. Slow, I know, but you will at least be able to play it.
    Holding a LAN party? Check out LAN Party Mania (detailed LAN information for games)
    http://lanpartymania.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

The "missing executable" thing has been seen many times before by me. Once you have the game installed, it will (eventually) update with a Linux executable. You can also try validating the game cache.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Hidden!

Come on Steam... when will it be ready?! (Played this in Windows and I am not really that excited for it :/)