Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virtualbox in Trusty problems

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Virtualbox in Trusty problems

My XP is also 32 bit running fine in Xubuntu 12.04 64bit, and it works very well, as did yours in 12.04, so I wonder if it is a 14.04 problem with VBox and XP.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 14.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I could imagine that Oracle stopped testing XP in vbox for 14.04 and later as support for XP ended prior to the release. Newer isn't always better.

I know - not an answer, just a thought.

Beans

I have a thread on the Virtualbox forums about this at https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62993

If I get this resolved, I'll post it here.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Very similar problem here:

My new Xubuntu 14.04 (64 bit) installation runs Virtualbox (from the software centre), but a Win7 (x64) and a Win8 (x64) guest won't like my host's USB(3) ports, no matter if I set in Virtualbox "use USB1" or "use USB2" mode for the guest. Expansion pack and vbox user group is set.
    Both guests see the Canon MP printer connected to an USB port and install the driver, but report a problem with the USB port and so a complete communication with the printer fails, hence no printing possible that way.

However, a WinXP (32bit) guest can fully communicate with the very same printer on a USB3 port, if I set in Virtualbox "use USB1" for the guest. The other option "use USB2" does end with the same error as Win7 and Win8 guests do.

Maybe this is helpful to other readers, too?

(Full story here in the printer thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...8#post13110108 )

Beans

Well, the folks over at Virtualbox suggested I create another XP VM. I did that, and it ran fine. They did not have any other ideas, so I do not know why my old VM did not work correctly. I used the same virtual disk and configured it the same as my original XP VM.

With that, I'll mark this thread as solved. Thanks to all for your assistance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12