Thread: Lost Planet 3 on Steam ported with PlayOnLinux- works brilliantly! but Radeon choppy

Beans

Red face Lost Planet 3 on Steam ported with PlayOnLinux- works brilliantly! but Radeon choppy

Hi,
    I spent approximately 4 hours trying with native Steam Ubuntu installation, then with Wine, to get LP3 working with my Ubuntu installation.
    I tried with PlayOnLinux- and once I had installed the .NET 4.0 framework via the Ubuntu Software Centre- Hey Presto it worked!
    There is a 2 minute lag in loading the program when you try and run it from Steam installed within POL- you have to wait, and once the audio has been playing for a minute or two, clicking on the wine logo which will have appeared in the Launcher will bounce the LP3 player window open.
    Once playing, play is relatively smooth, though I am not quite sure I have the correct drivers for my graphics card installed in Ubuntu for this game- video is markedly choppier than when I had it installed in Windows 8.1 on exactly the same system (via dual boot option.)
    Anyway, Hooray for PlayOnLinux!!!
    EDIT: Updated Beta driver for AMD installed now, looks beautiful!
    Last edited by CJ_Hudson; August 16th, 2014 at 02:41 AM.