Thread: WARNING! power/level is deprecated; use power/control instead

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

Post WARNING! power/level is deprecated; use power/control instead

I have had intermittent (and right now have this happening) problems with hibernation on my lubuntu Trusty desktop machine. It seems to happen after dist-upgrades. So what it does is it will hibernate with a pm-hibernate or hibernate or hibernate-disk command just fine, but when I turn the computer back on, it starts loading but then hangs. I think I have waited a significant amount of time for it to come all the way back from hibernation but maybe I should try waiting a more extraneous amount of time, which I will have to try, but it wasn't taking so long before. It may also have something to do with running VMs? I think most lately it has started doing this since I created and was using some VMs using virt-manager. I have tried even loading a new kernel to no ado.

So to try to get some system info about this I:

installed all of the packages I think I could by listing from apt-cache
    Code:
    sudo apt-cache pkgnames | grep acpi
    kacpimon
    libacpi-dev
    acpitool
    acpi
    wmacpi
    acpitool-dbg
    libfwtsacpica1
    yacpi
    acpid
    acpi-support
    claws-mail-acpi-notifier
    acpitail
    acpidump
    acpica-tools
    libacpi0
    then installing anything with acpi in the name

then found something by running
    Code:
    acpi --show-empty

No support for device type: power_supply

and

Code:
    dmesg | grep -i power
    [    0.000000] ACPI: SSDT 00000000cffba6f0 000672 (v01 A M I  POWERNOW 00000001 AMD  00000001)
    [    1.796813] input: Power Button as /devices/LNXSYSTM:00/device:00/PNP0C0C:00/input/input0
    [    1.796817] ACPI: Power Button [PWRB]
    [    1.796842] input: Power Button as /devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXPWRBN:00/input/input1
    [    1.796844] ACPI: Power Button [PWRF]
    [  217.749924] WARNING! power/level is deprecated; use power/control instead
    edward@SelfMade-Desktop:~$

also
    Code:
    sudo dmidecode -t 39
    # dmidecode 2.12
    SMBIOS 2.6 present.
    Last time hibernate worked, I was having trouble with pm-hibernate, so then installed tuxonice and the hibernate command and it worked for a while, so even though it says device not supported, this power supply was handling hibernate just fine for a while.

I have 4G of memory and my swap part.e is 8.79G. Could it be my swap part. is too large?

after most recent dist-upgrade I noticed this:
    cryptsetup: WARNING: found more than one resume device candidate:
    e9714b1b-2f18-4273-b8b6-f346da8cd5e5
    023ea1e3-9ff0-4637-a12f-4a851085d16a
    however only one of these devices appears in fstab, so I don't know why the computer sees both of these.
    Last edited by edcompsci; August 16th, 2014 at 03:20 AM.