Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Intel N7260 not working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Intel N7260 not working

Quote Originally Posted by mmcl26554 View Post

With the older kernel I think prior to 3.11 it worked just fine, only after kernel 3.13 was loaded did it stop working and backporting didn't work. So there is a way to get it to work under Ubuntu, but not with the most current kernels.
    Michel
    The likely reason it worked by backporting when it did is because the needed module(iwlmvm) and firmware was included in kernels 3.10 and newer

I would file a bug report on this because it won't be fixed if nobody knows it is broken.
    Your laptop didn't originally have a wifi card with WiMax?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I was wondering about a bug report myself, The original card was an: RAlink RT5390, I don't know what WiMax is though. I'm going to install an older kernel as Dr Chilli has suggested and if that fixed most certainly do a bug report.
    Michael
    /\_/\
    (='.'=) Angus
    (") (") Skye
    (") (") Finn

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

My laptop has been on suspension since my last post, when I woke it up the wireless light was white (meaning it is working). I haven't rebooted it but I suspect it won't survive. But I will try it now just to see what happens.
    /\_/\
    (='.'=) Angus
    (") (") Skye
    (") (") Finn

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by chili555 View Post
    Who was the genius that wrote that? Isn't he a bit suspect??

I suggest you try 3.11.1 here: http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa...v3.11.1-saucy/ Be sure to install the linux-image, headers and headers-all. Reboot, grab the GRUB menu with the Shift key as you are booting and arrow down to 3.11.1 and select it. http://www1.khax.net/wp-content/uplo...image-menu.png Yes, these are different kernel versions, but I hope you get the process.

See if the wireless works. If not, run:
    Code:
    lspci -nn | grep 0280
    Find out the pci.id, like mine:
    Code:
    03:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6200 [8086:4239] (rev 35)
    Then run:
    Code:
    modinfo iwlwifi | grep 4239
    Of course, substitute your ID as it is surely not 4239. We want to see if the version of iwlwifi in 3.11.1 covers your exact device.

This is all a bit experimental. Your mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. I am not a lawyer. You have been disclaimered!!!
    Well nothing worked! I even installed 3.08 Kernel and backported it but that didn't work. So I'll guess I install the original card and report a possible bug.
    Thank you all for your kind assistance.
    Michael
    /\_/\
    (='.'=) Angus
    (") (") Skye
    (") (") Finn

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567