Thread: Xbox360 xboxdvr

Beans

Xbox360 xboxdvr

I am trying to configure a wired, usb xbox360 controller on my acer revo3610, running ubuntu 14.04.

I installed xboxdrv, but when I try to run it from xterm, I get error messages. It begins to initialize, then gives me a libusb_error_busy and suggests I rmmod xpad (I have blacklisted xpad per another instructional website). When I rmmod xpad, it says it isn't loaded.
    The other option is to sudo xboxdrv with --detach-kernel-driver. When I do this, I get an error, libusb_error_not_found.
    I'm able to run jstest-gtk and it shows 4 profiles. But none of them seem to be linked (or respond to) the xbox controller. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Xbox360 xboxdvr

Have you tried it without installing anything? My xbox controller worked and I didnt have to do anything. I'm even using a wireless.

Beans

I have tried using it with nes and snes emulators. Nothing so far. The middle button blinks for a bit and then has one continuously lit green light, but none of the controls seem to be recognized.

Beans

Xbox360

I am still struggling to get the xbox controller to work on ubuntu 14.04. So far I have installed xboxdrv and blacklisted xpad. When I try to run xboxdrv, I get a libusb error busy. I try to rmmod xpad, but it says it isn't currently loaded. Detach-kernel-driver just gives a different libusb error. I typically have a wireless mouse, external hd and a keyboard plugged into other USB ports. I remove all but the keyboard to run this. I have noticed that if I switch USB ports, all 4 lights will flash on the xbox controller. If I run xboxdrv, it works and says it should be module js0. When I run jstest-gtk, there is no js0 (only 1-4, none of which respond to the controller). When I exit that and run xboxdrv again, I'm back to the same libusb error busy message. Any ideas? Thanks.

Beans

Xboxdrv libusb

I am still struggling to get the xbox controller to work on ubuntu 14.04 for my acer revo3610. So far I have installed xboxdrv and blacklisted xpad. When I try to run xboxdrv, I get a libusb error busy. I try to rmmod xpad, but it says it isn't currently loaded. Detach-kernel-driver just gives a different libusb error. I typically have a wireless mouse, external hd and a keyboard plugged into other USB ports. I remove all but the keyboard to run this. I have noticed that if I switch USB ports, all 4 lights will flash on the xbox controller. If I run xboxdrv, it works and says it should be module js0. When I run jstest-gtk, there is no js0 (only 1-4, none of which respond to the controller). When I exit that and run xboxdrv again, I'm back to the same libusb error busy message. Any ideas? Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Several threads merged.

Please do not start multiple threads on the same subject -- and it is best if continuations of a previous thread are kept in the original thread.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

i use the default xpad driver for my wired xbox 360 controller. i wrote this up, have a read: http://ubuntuaddicted.blogspot.com/2...eam-games.html

i believe it also has to do with the world readable permissions on the device node as well.