Thread: Lubuntu 14.04 Black background and taskbar icons don't load

Beans

Lubuntu 14.04 Black background and taskbar icons don't load

I am still a linux newbie so heads up. I was using my pc everything was going ok then I turn my pc on later today and my desktop background is black also the login screen. I have my taskbar on the top and the icons have a white box and little x on them instead of the icon pics except the wifi. I tried changing the wallpaper but it does not work. I can use the computer like browse the internet but update center won't open but just about everything else does. I have it duel booted with winxp and xp seems to be working perfect. This is my first time using the forums I posted some pics of what it looks like hopefully you will be able to see them. I have tried google searching many times but only one came up kind of like my problem but for an older ubuntu and his fix didn't help me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Lubuntu 14.04 Black background and taskbar icons don't load

Shouldn't be in the Virtualization forum. sorry. can't help. This forum is for virtual machine questions, not desktop environment questions.

Hopefully a moderator will move it to the correct place for more eyes to see.

Oh - and welcome to the forums!