Thread: New Laptop - Kworker high CPU?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

New Laptop - Kworker high CPU?

Got a new laptop, a Toshiba E45-B4200. All the hardware seems to work just perfect, right out of the box. I do have an occasional hiccup, and it looks like it may be due to the process Kworker running abnormally high.
    I have read several threads on the topic, and they all seem to be a hackjob with no definitive resolution.

That said, I'd like to see if any of you can offer some assistance with helping me pinpoint the cause of the runaway process and figure out how to resolve it. My hardware specs are attached. Let me know whatever you need from me to be able to help.

Thanks

hardware.txt
    "Despite millions of dollars of research, Death continues to be Americas number one killer."

Kingdom Computer Solutions

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: New Laptop - Kworker high CPU?

I tried the instructions here to kill the offending interrupt, but it seems that nothing I do is able to append the file:

http://carlocapocasa.com/crushing-th...ideapad-y560p/
    "Despite millions of dollars of research, Death continues to be Americas number one killer."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

bump

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

OK, so i found how to disable the ACPI interrupt that is causing the problem:

Code:
    sudo su
    myk@E45-B4200:~$ sudo su

root@E45-B4200:/home/myk# echo "disable" > /sys/firmware/acpi/interrupts/gpe10
    root@E45-B4200:/home/myk# cat /sys/firmware/acpi/interrupts/gpe10 
    46093046   disabled
    but now I need help getting a cronjob to pass this command and actually work. I think my previous cron jobs were not working due to permissions.