Thread: Minecraft Split Screen Windows

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Minecraft Split Screen Windows

Hi everyone! Somewhat recently I figured out how to play minecraft split screen on ubuntu 14.04. I have my pc hooked up to a monitor and a tv (hdmi). I use the monitor while two others share the tv. In unity the top panel was annoying since the minecraft windows couldn't fill the whole screen, but I fixed that using Gnome. The only other problem is that when the minecraft programs are in windowed mode you see the top border with the close, minimize and maximize button. I want to remove that so I can fill the whole screen up with two separate minecraft windows, like the xbox version. All in all I want it to look like the xbox version for the people using the tv: all gameplay no borders/menus/open space. Is there a program that can help me with this? Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Minecraft Split Screen Windows

I found this website which looks perfect, except it is for windows only.

http://retro-hack.blogspot.com/2012/...creen-for.html

How can I do this on ubuntu? Can I install Winexplorer and winsplit revolution? Is there an alternative? I tried using ctrl alt numpad number to be like the winsplit revolution, but it didn't work with a dual monitor setup. Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I'm not sure what Winsplit Revolution is doing there, exactly, but to your original question, yes, you can get rid of the window's titlebar, at least in some desktop environments. I'm running KDE and this is an option in the context menu for the window. I haven't run Gnome in a while, so I couldn't say if it's an option there or not. If it's not, perhaps LXDE or XFCE? I think at least one of those had it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thanks for the answer, getting rid of the window title bar is what I need. I am installing kubuntu, which I think is the same as KDE? Hopefully. Can you tell me how to remove the title bars? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thanks you!!! That was exactly what I needed. I figured out how to do it. Just press alt f3 and there are options there. I love Linux and ubuntu that you can custimize it with different DE's and options. Thanks again!