Thread: Mysql Problem, please go to in detail in message view

Beans

Thumbs up Mysql Problem, please go to in detail in message view

Hi,

I found this error in mysql installation as below can u suggest me, as i had done some trouble shooting with several scenarios and finally i was not fixed this issue.

sudo mysql -u root -p
    Enter password:
    ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

sudo service mysql restart
    stop: Unknown instance:
    start: Job failed to start

Thank You.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Mysql Problem, please go to in detail in message view

Make sure that the /tmp/mysql.sock file exists. If it doesn't, then you can create it by using:

Code:
    touch /tmp/mysql.sock
    You can then try starting it in safe mode before starting again in full mode using the command you posted:

Code:
    sudo /usr/bin/mysqld_safe &

Beans

It is showing the reply like this........................

[1] 11075
    sekhar@Vtiger-Admin:~$ 140807 15:29:46 mysqld_safe Logging to '/var/lib/mysql/Vtiger-Admin.err'.
    140807 15:29:46 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql.............................and get stucked here.....

touch /tmp/mysql.sock-----------for this one it is not displaying anything....ideal..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Yep, I wouldn't expect you to get any output for the touch command. The & on the end of the last command makes the program run in the background so I am don't think it is getting stuck. This is just normal StdOut stuff. We can check that it is running by using the following command:

Code:
    ps -ef | grep mysql
    You can also try logging in to mysql again. You shouldn't need to use sudo to do that.