Thread: Skype can't connect

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

Question Skype can't connect

Hello,
    I'm trying to log in into Skype but I get the message "Skype can't connect" in Ubuntu 14.04 x32. I have logged in using Windows and Android and everything is fine. Skype was also working fine this morning. Anyone having the same problem?

Beans

Re: Skype can't connect

I had the same problem, but downloaded skype from their site again (seems to be updated a little) and it now works fine. I am on 12.04 lts if that has any difference.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

Thank you Todor_Bobev. I had forgotten that option. I had installed Skype through the Terminal: sudo apt-get install skype

But I downloaded the .deb file from the Skype website and I installed it. Now I can log in.

Beans

You are welcome, enjoy!

Beans

Thanks, I had he same problem.
    I am using Trusty Thur 10.04 (64 bit) with Mate 1.8.0 environment.
    I have tried to erase the /.Skype folder as advised somewhere else but did not work. Eventually uninstalled skype using Synaptic Package Manager (although it probably wasn't necessary) and killed the process.
    Downloaded the "Debian.7 (multiarch)" distribution .deb package and installed it.
    It seems to be working fine now. Still I haven't any clue of why the old package stopped working.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Todor_Bobev View Post
    I had the same problem, but downloaded skype from their site again (seems to be updated a little) and it now works fine. I am on 12.04 lts if that has any difference.
    Hi,

It worked! But,...

I had the same problem after years of using Skype with no real issues. I went on the Skype download website to download the 12.04 multiarch version if you are running that U. version, of course. An upgrade did not work; you must uninstall skype using synaptic (just the main Skype package only). Then, proceeded with the download/save and clicking on the .deb package. Automatically Soft. Center will one. Click install, and even the desktop link worked. Fantastic! Thanks!
    ASUS laptop, 18.04.4 LTS, Intel® Pentium(R) CPU N3540 @ 2.16GHz × 4 , Intel® Bay Trail, 3.28.2 gnome, 64-bit

Beans

same here..i just resolved mine now while following the instructions on this link
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/48805...tall-skype-4-3
    Quote Originally Posted by Canaryguy View Post
    Hello,
    I'm trying to log in into Skype but I get the message "Skype can't connect" in Ubuntu 14.04 x32. I have logged in using Windows and Android and everything is fine. Skype was also working fine this morning. Anyone having the same problem?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

To fail to prepare is to prepare to fail.