Thread: Intel Celeron G1840 Processor - CPU

Beans

Post Intel Celeron G1840 Processor - CPU

Hey, i just wonder anyone do have this for using ubuntu 14.04? it is good with ubuntu? i am plan to buy this for build pc. please thanks.

Ps. this CPU recent very new, recent released in a few months ago or so.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Intel Celeron G1840 Processor - CPU

It is very unusual for cpu to make a great difference in the running of a Linux OS, other than the faster cpus run the OS faster, of course.

If you are using the on-board graphics which I assume will be available to you, my only comment is that Intel graphics generally work very well with Linux and Ubuntu, so that is likely to be fine.

Beans

Re: Intel Celeron G1840 Processor - CPU

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    It is very unusual for cpu to make a great difference in the running of a Linux OS, other than the faster cpus run the OS faster, of course.

If you are using the on-board graphics which I assume will be available to you, my only comment is that Intel graphics generally work very well with Linux and Ubuntu, so that is likely to be fine.
    Oh i see, i am relieved, since i always buy a regular pc with AMD CPU, it worked with ubuntu, but i want to get a new build pc along with intel cpu, that's why. so thanks for the replying.