Thread: Ubuntu Server 14.04 on Dell SC1430

Beans

Ubuntu Server 14.04 on Dell SC1430

Hello Everyone!

Hey, I'm running into an issue running, or attempting to install server 14.04 onto my Dell SC1430. I have 2 73GB 15k drives put into a raid 1 configuration on a SAS5 controller. The drives appear just fine during post and everything goes crazy when attempting to parition the drives. It basically doesn't see them and asks for a driver of which up to this point I'm not feeling that this should be required. If I have to then yes, I will but first thought I would put a question out there to tap into the knowledge base before attempting all this craziness.

I have since broke the raid and went ahead with the installation and am investigating a way to just run it like this with some stability, but really don't want to continue this way. Rebuilding isn't an issue as I have nothing but time to spare. So if I could find someone who has fixed this before or can offer suggestions on the re-install that would be awesome.

Thanks Again!

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Server 14.04 on Dell SC1430

http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=339 you should post this thread in the Ubuntu server platforms place

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Ubuntu Server 14.04 on Dell SC1430

Thread moved to Server Platforms.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog