Hi All!

I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing a problem I have with the proprietary nVidia drivers on 14.04 x64 (I am currently running version 340.24 on a Toshiba Qosmio laptop, but it happened with previous versions too):

1 - After a normal boot, the adaptive clocking functionality works fine (it allows the gpu clock and memory speeds to adapt depending on load). If I suspend the computer and wake it up, this is no longer the case: the gpu and memory speeds are stuck (in my case at medium speed). This even happens if I use the options in the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file to select Prefer Maximum Performance (see code block with xorg.conf under the 'device' section bellow). If I log off and log in, the adaptive clocking starts working again.

2 - After a normal boot, the adaptive clocking functionality works fine. If I hibernate the computer sometimes is succeeds finishing the hibernation process and sometimes it doesn't (the screen turns off but the laptop never turns itself off). If for some reason the computer does turns off, when I turn it back on it starts reading the hibernation image but sometimes, when its time to show the nVidia logo, the screen blinks for a fraction of a second showing green and the computer restarts. After that it starts a normal boot.

3 - If I suspend the computer and wake it up (forcing the adaptive clocking to be stuck as mention in #1), I can then hibernate and thaw with no problem if I add the 'nomodeset' option to the kernel. After thaw, adaptive clocking is still stuck and I need to log off and log in to make it work.

I would like to know if this is something related to my configuration and GPU or if it is a general more general bug.
In case someone else is experiencing the problem, you can add your comments to this thread:
HTML Code:
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/762644/nvidia-340-24-problems-with-hibernation-and-suspend/#4268934
Thanks!

my xorg.conf:
Code:
marcelo@marcelo-qosmio ~/Downloads/ISOs $ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf
# nvidia-xconfig: X configuration file generated by nvidia-xconfig
# nvidia-xconfig:  version 331.38  (buildmeister@swio-display-x64-rhel04-15)  Wed Jan  8 19:53:14 PST 2014

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "Layout0"
    Screen      0  "Screen0"
    InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    # generated from default
    Identifier     "Mouse0"
    Driver         "mouse"
    Option         "Protocol" "auto"
    Option         "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
    Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    # generated from default
    Identifier     "Keyboard0"
    Driver         "kbd"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
    ModelName      "Unknown"
    HorizSync       28.0 - 33.0
    VertRefresh     43.0 - 72.0
    Option         "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    Option         "RegistryDwords" "PowerMizerEnable=0x1; PerfLevelSrc=0x3322; PowerMizerDefault=0x1; PowerMizerDefaultAC=0x1"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection