Thread: Not getting email notices of replies, I have less than 10 posts

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Not getting email notices of replies, I have less than 10 posts

I realize I can't change my settings because I have less than 10 posts. I just want to make sure I'm getting email notices when I get a reply to a thread I made.

1. How can I see how many posts I have towards the 10 required posts?
    2. Do I have to actually create 10 new threads, or do replies count towards the 10 "posts"? This is why I don't use the word "post", it can be confusing. I use the words "create thread" or "reply" as either can be a "post".
    3. What is the address in the "from" field of the email notifying me of a post? I want to forward the notice from my personal account to my work account.
    4. How do I see only threads I have created, not replies? Since I'm not sure I'm getting email notices at this point. This will help me avoid dupe posts here since I'm on 2 Linux forums right now.

Thank you!
    Last edited by bulrush2; July 28th, 2014 at 01:19 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Not getting email notices of replies, I have less than 10 posts

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush2 View Post
    I realize I can't change my settings because I have less than 10 posts.
    You're almost there!

How can I see how many posts I have towards the 10 required posts?
    Your "bean" count is in your profile in all your posts, or under "about me" in your profile page - click on your name top-right of any page to get to your profile page. "Beans" are posts that count towards your total post count. There are four main sections of the forum - to see what I mean have a look at the home page. Posts in most/all of the sub-forums of the first, second and fourth main sections count towards your post count. Posts in most of the sub-forums in the third section don't.

I have a suggestion. When you get to a post count of 10 and you can edit your profile settings, try "Through my control panel only" for default thread subscription mode instead of one of the email notification settings. You won't get emails - obviously - but if you log in from time to time and then click on the settings link at top-right, all subscribed threads with new posts will be listed as hyperlinks for you.

How do I see only threads I have created, not replies? Since I'm not sure I'm getting email notices at this point. This will help me avoid dupe posts here since I'm on 2 Linux forums right now.
    Again from your profile page - on the left: find latest posts, or find latest started threads. Or from Quick Links in the navbar: Find all my threads; Find all my posts.

By the way, the cron that adjusts permissions on accounts that reach a post-count of 10 runs every hour, and only on logged in accounts. You may have to wait up to an hour - and stay logged in!
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Not getting email notices of replies, I have less than 10 posts

Thank you. Looks like I have enough posts now.