Thread: Plymouth and Nvidia privative driver problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Exclamation Plymouth and Nvidia privative driver problem

Hi everyone!

Months ago the pc started to show a creepy "Ubuntu" boot splash text (somefont like system font) instead the splash image

Before some research i made i've managed to realize that plymouth has a rare bug with nvidia privative driver that causes the missing for a graphical interface to show the splash image, then i found the fix in
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2223463
    (in the last answer)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drowz0r
    but for some reason i was unable to fix because other problem
    libhal1, libhd and hw... are deprecated for "trusty-tahr" version of ubuntu so there are unable to download and install

Then there is another way to fix it? i've tried plymouth-manager (no result) and the options "quiet splash" were in the grub config.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Thumbs up Re: Plymouth and Nvidia privative driver problem (SOLUTION)

Hi again.

Before decide to break the pc i managed to fix the problem, so i post the solution here for someone else.

First I Downloaded Grub-Customizer:

Code:
    sudo apt-add-repository ppa:danielrichter2007/grub-customizer
    sudo apt update
    sudo apt install grub-customizer
    then open it and in the "appearance customization" tab activate the checkbox "Customize Resolution" and set it to 1024x768 or another resolution that you see convenient
    later open the "advanced options" (lower right button) and add a new entry with name = "GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX" and value = "auto" then set active and close the dialog. Now hit the button "save" and exit the app.
    In the next boot plymouth will work. If you want to personalize it download plymouth-manager.

Thanks for reading! regards!