Thread: Thunderbird 31.0 QuickFilter bar

Beans

Thunderbird 31.0 QuickFilter bar

Hi,

After the new update to Thunderbird 31.0 the QuickFilter bar layout has changed and it no longer fits in the panel dedicated to display the message list but it is expanded to occupy the whole width. Additionaly, now it is displaying icons and text even if you have selected only icons in the menu bar preferences.

I find the new design less confortable. Do you know if it is possible to revert to the old layout?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Thunderbird 31.0 QuickFilter bar

For me, this has not changed. Are you using the default thunderbird theme?

Beans

I am using the default theme.

I have read that they did changes to the QuickFilter bar: "users can now see the text beside the icons of the quickfilter bar when using a dark theme"

vanadium, does your QuickFilter bar contain only icons and fits in the message list panel?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

My quickfilterbar probably is "factory default": it contains icons with text to the right, and fits on top of the file list area. You may have your "View - Layout" set to "vertical view. In that case, the quick search bar fits both the file list and message preview pane. Indeed, I also confirm that the quickfilter does not respond to the settings to display toolbar icons. What may have changed is that these settings apply only to the current toolbar: I thought that previously, these settings were global, for all toolbars.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

My Quick Filter bar only has icons and of course I can toggle it on and off. I thought that was the default setting. I haven't done anything to it.
    Rex
    Ubuntu Arizona LoCo Team - The Hottest LoCo on Earth
    Arizona LoCo |Arizona Team Wiki|Arizona Launchpad

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

You certainly have version 31? For me, I cannot right-click the quick filter bar and change settings. Settings for other toolbars are per toolbar.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Screenshot - 07252014 - 08:20:46 AM.jpg
    looks fine to me
    here is my userchrome.css file http://pastebin.com/Ft89WYJc
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    You certainly have version 31? For me, I cannot right-click the quick filter bar and change settings. Settings for other toolbars are per toolbar.
    Perhaps I mis-spoke. I am using 31 but I can only toggle the quick filter to show or hide. I cannot right click either and there are no configurations that I can change in preferences. All that I have are the icons, no text.
    Rex
    Ubuntu Arizona LoCo Team - The Hottest LoCo on Earth
    Arizona LoCo |Arizona Team Wiki|Arizona Launchpad

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Indeed, the original question is about the possibility to change the appearance of Quick Search like you can with the other toolbars (large icons versus small, text or not ...)

Beans

I've noticed the same thing with the Quick Filter bar as alcachi after updating Thunderbird to 31. I also prefer the old layout, but I don't see a way to change it.

Here's screenshots of what I'm referring to.
    TB24-31.jpg

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the quick filter bar back?