sda 119,2G
    ├─sda1 ext4 115,8G /
    └─sda2 swap 3,5G swap

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: 14.04 Hibernate / Suspend Not Working as expected

Hibernation will fail unless the swap partition you setup is at least as large as available RAM. Obviously it can't be smaller than available RAM because hibernation saves the current state of the machine to the swap partition, and that state could, in theory, be as large as installed RAM. Note that I'm talking about a partition, not a file. Swapfiles are used by Windows for hibernation, but not by Linux.
    In working with *nix...There be dragons. Newcomers: I recommend reading Linux is Not Windows (http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm) and The Linux Command Line (http://www.linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php) before beginning your quest for a better OS.

Beans

Re: 14.04 Hibernate / Suspend Not Working as expected

Hi,

I have a similar problem with my Acer S7 running 14.04, but not consistently. If I initiate a suspend (shut the lid, command line or via the menu) it will sometimes suspend correctly which is noticable via the status lights on the front (changes from blue to blinking red). When this happens it uses roughly 5% battery in 24 hours. However, half the time this does not suspend and only shuts the screen off which obviously drains the battery much quicker (it takes a little more than 24 hours to completely empty).

Its getting quite annoying as I have to shut it down completely to maintain battery life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12