Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: discovered the source of those goutputstream files

Beans

Re: discovered the source of those goutputstream files

Quote Originally Posted by ibjsb4 View Post
    So if I understand right, there is not going to be a fix for 12o4 and I might as well set up a cron job to take care of this as I do not want to manually delete these files for two more years.
    The odds now of a fix n 12.04 are virtually none unless done locally or thru a test ppa
    As far as 12.10 & 13.04 both are EOL so irrelevant, it was fixed in 13.10 & 14.04

Beans

Re comments by mc4man and ibjsb4: hmm but your point is well taken, that it can be an underlying lib that evince and other apps use. That's a good point. Probably true.

And to james_mcl: I don't think the fact that another app might or might not use the apparmor profile is an issue. Really all that's doing is that it allows the app to create those files, it doesn't mean that apparmor is creating the files. Probably, as others here have been saying, there's a lib that's shared by apps, including presumably evince, and that's the source. I was being a bit hasty in concluding that it could only be evince. Though in all fairness to me (haha) the info that I came across was explicit, while a lot of threads that comment on this issue have contained hardly more than vague speculation. Then again, vague speculation is fun too .

Beans

If it's of interest:

At the moment there are 4 of those .goutputstream-?????? files in my home directory. That's with Ubuntu Studio 14.4/Trusty. So it wasn't fixed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12