Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Autostart does not work, why?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Autostart does not work, why?

For what its worth,

I ran into a similar issue with three installations of Ubuntu 14.04 and the installation of the grive-tools. The indicator would not automatically startup even though it shows in the startup applications from the Launcher.

So what I tried as a wild hair guess was:

1. Open up the startup applications via the Launcher. This already shows the Google Drive indicator shortcut that does not open and autosync.
    2. Click on 'Edit' for the Google Drive.
    3. In the Command box I clicked 'Browse' and went to the

/opt/thefanclub/grive-tools/grive-indicator

and basically redid the entry. And it works now.

Then I am also able to get Firefox to autostart along with Gpodder by simply adding from the same Startup Applications panel.

1. Click 'Add'
    2. Name it example 'Firefox'
    3. In the command box I put just 'firefox' (without quotes, same as if from the command line).
    4. Give it a comment if you wish.
    5. Click the 'Add' button at the bottom of that panel. Then log out or restart to see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by 171742 View Post
    Hello,

I want to start firefox and grive with autostart, Having put it in into the desktop autostart windows, nothing happens. How to do it?

(easy please, I am a beginner)

Thanks!
    Last edited by Jim_in_Omaha; December 25th, 2014 at 06:46 PM.

Beans

Re: Autostart does not work, why?

I have debugged this issue on Linux Mint 17.1 and might be applicable to others. `grive-tools` installs `.config/autostart/grive-indicator-autostart.desktop`. However, after trial/error, it looks like we need to name the file to be the same as others in `.local/share/applications` or `/usr/share/applications/`. To apply the fix I did:

Code:
    mv ~/.config/autostart/grive-indicator-autostart.desktop ~/.config/autostart/grive-indicator.desktop
    Then, log out and log in to see if it works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12