Thread: HTC c625a and wireless b

Beans

Angry HTC c625a and wireless b

hi all

im having a hell of a time trying to connect an original(?) HTC windows phone (c625a) to my Linksys wireless b router (BEFW11S4 firmware ver 1.45.3).
    (i would be much more inclined to KICK the phone than the router, but thats probably just my windows thing)

the ssid DOES appear when i start the wifi. (shows up with strongest signal)
    we have 3 Samsung cell phones and an Innotab 3s (childs tablet) that all connect without a problem.
    i am using the MAC address filtering for all of the phones and tablet.
    double, triple and quadruple check the MAC address.(had phone beside monitor to make sure.) i tried with and with-out caps lock, number row and numpad...

according to the manual it will work, BUT...
    i get a message saying "password incorrect" (which is STRANGE, im reading/typing the password directly from the routers webpage.)
    or
    "connection unsuccessful", (which gives me no other info...)

a few friends have come over, ive checked their phones on my wifi and all worked fine.
    none have an HTC tho.

we havent done a factory reset on the HTC yet. (in progress)
    not sure which version the router is.
    5 computers (these are all wired), 3 cell phones and the tablet, takes a while to find unused router time.

i will post again when i have more info.
    or if it magically starts working.

thanks
    allyn

P.S. - i just read a few post saying that doing a firmware upgrade might not be a good idea.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HTC c625a and wireless b

Moved to Other OS/Distro Support
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.