Thread: Alsamixer function keys not working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Alsamixer function keys not working

I just noticed that function keys, F1-F6, no longer work in Alsamixer - I cannot pick a different card etc. Apart from that there are no issues with sound. Function keys appear to work OK in other apps.

Just wondering whether anyone would have any suggestions on how to get the function keys to work again. I am running US14.04 - not quite sure when this started to happen.

Thanks
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
    Sent from my iSomething running Linux - safe, fast and it is free! Didn't have to pay for the badge

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Alsamixer function keys not working

I am using a Microsoft Natural Ergonomic keyboard and up until today did not realise that it has a F Lock key to toggle between F keys and a series of other functions! Once I pressed the F Lock key then F1-F6 keys responded as expected. The keyboard was just too smart for me
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
    Sent from my iSomething running Linux - safe, fast and it is free! Didn't have to pay for the badge