Thread: banshee refusing to re-scan music library on request

Beans

Angry banshee refusing to re-scan music library on request

Machine: Hp Pavilion
    Model: 500-141ea
    O.S : Ubuntu 14.04LTS

The scan tool pops up and is at 100% when i request a scan without even scanning anything. I've had problems with music data for years and it was one big reason for switching to Ubuntu from windows (which I no longer have available to me). everything is missing for 1 of my compilations which displayed fine when running Ubuntu in VirtualBox with windows as host. Please help, I am still very new to Ubuntu and finding my feet, I am learning with every passing day and night (when my wi-fi connection is stable) however, I feel like I have mountains upon mountains to climb and it's very daunting.

Thank you in advance!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: banshee refusing to re-scan music library on request

Make sure all the files are owned by your user. Open a terminal and type the following command:

Code:
    chown -R user:user *
    Where user:user is your user name. This also assumes that the files are located in your home directory.

Beans

I don't think that's the problem because before you replied I deleted the compilation cd in question have since rebooted, run the terminal command you posted and tried re-importing the audio CD but still nothing.. it says "Could not fetch track information" and I don't think it even tried to check. Thank you for your reply.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Are these files on your hard disk or are we talking about physical CDs with the files still on them and not yet ripped to file?