I recently installed Ubuntu 14 on my MacBook Pro and use rEFIt to switch between them. I want to transistion to Ubuntu as my main OS because Mavericks keeps crashing everytime I seem to install a program it doesn't like. I recently reinstalled Mavericks with a new partition/installation etc and rebuilt the whole thing. It was working crash free for awhile but now it crashes again (usually after a long period of non use) and I'm just tired. Ubuntu, however, is not crashing. How ironic.

Anyway, I want to stay more and more in Ubuntu over time and so I'm trying to nail down the most aggravating problems as I go along. One of them is the inability to play movies on Amazon which I do frequently to relax. I've installed the Flash player but that doesn't seem to be good enough for Amazon. I took a screen shot of the message I get but I can't post it (presumably) because I'm a new forum user. The message reads...

"An error occurred and your player could not be updated. This is likely because your Flash player or browser needs to be updated [they both have been updated]. This update is required to play back this video."

I don't know how to find the version of Flash. I'm sure it's the latest version of Firefox. Any suggestions?