Thread: sound on powerpoint file

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

sound on powerpoint file

One of our library patrons wants to play a powerpoint file that has audio.I have tried it in ubuntu powerpoint viewer, powerpoint viewer in wine, impress,and kingsoft in wine , open office in wine (a suggested solution). No luck in any of them. I can get sound in my win 7 virtualbox. I need them to play with sound in xubuntu 14.04. I need this for a library patron. My sound works OK on everything else. I need to fix this on 10 library Xubuntu 14.04 64 bit computers. I have tried everything I can find with a google search and searching this forum.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: sound on powerpoint file

Is there any way you can get the sound file you need separately, eg by recording it in your Win7 VM, then with the ppt file open in Impress try adding the sound file to it in the normal way.

I have hardly ever used impress so have little knowledge of how this might or might not work, and you may have already tried this work-around, but I thought it might be worth mentioning, as I have just tried it and a random sound file added to a random template works fine here, but I don't have any ppt files to check this on.

Beans
    Distro

I maybe could but I need a fix that people at the library can use that will just work. This is for 10 public computers

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Beans
    Distro

unfortunately xubuntu doesn't seem to work with that fix