Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu won't boot after every other reboot

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Ubuntu won't boot after every other reboot

See if it stays fixed for awhile and if so, please mark this thread as solved to help others. Cheers.

I could see nothing amiss with your bootinfoscript output ...

Beans

Nope. It's still intermittently not booting.

Beans

I'm booting the virtual pc and choosing to boot the hard drive from the BIOS Boot Menu, Rather than from the boot loader. And I don't even see those screens (in my attachment). So it seems like a problem with BCD, not GRUB. From what I can gather.

Beans

I've booted several times from BIOS boot menu, boots EVERY time.
    I've already posted in BCD forum. Their help was worthless. No response yet.

Beans

I think I've fixed this for good now. And this is on my physical PC!
    Instead of installing Linux last, I installed it first.
    However, Linux was on it's seperate HDD while installing and configuring the other HDD with Windows OS's was unplugged.
    After installing Linux, I ran Grub Customizer and told it to not display boot menu, remove recovery entries, and not to look for other OS's.
    Then I shutdown, unplugged HDD with Linux on it. Plugged in blank HDD. Turned on and installed all Windows OS's on this drive.
    Shutdown, plugged both drives in.
    Booted into BIOS, made the HDD with Windows OS's on it the First Boot Device (after CD drive of course).
    Installed and ran Easy BCD. Configured it. Rebooted and tested all entries. Rebooted Ubuntu about 5 times. Seemed to work every time without halt.

Seemed when I did this before, installing Linux last and unplugging HDD's and such, Grub Customizer was complaining about that it use to be 'sda' and that it was now 'sdb' or something. I think that's the problem. Because I was plugging and unplugging. But since I ran Grub Cust first, things stayed one way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12