Thread: Ubuntu 14.04, 'serious errors'

Beans

Ubuntu 14.04, 'serious errors'

last week I received the option to upgrade to Ubuntu 14.04 from Ubuntu 13.10, I was very happy that I could upgrade, the installation and upgrade were fine until I was prompted to restart and boot into Ubuntu 14.04, sadly I received this screen; ( please click on link to view screen)

I have been relentlessly been checking for the solution on the internet, I luckily always backup my pictures and other files so they are safe but what I am worried is that I am unable to use Ubuntu 14.04 which I have been looking forward to

I also uninstalled Ubuntu in windows and re installed 14.04 using wuubi however I still run into the same problem, can someone please help me!!!!!

THANKS!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Re: Ubuntu 14.04 serioius errors!!!

re installed 14.04 using wuubi
    Sorry ... bad idea. Wubi has been discontinued and is not supported anymore. So, even if you had got it working, you would now be stuck using an unsupported product.

So, what state is your machine in today -- what's installed on it?
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Ubuntu 14.04 serioius errors!!!

Welcome. And we no longer offer support for Wubi on the forums, either. Sorry. See here:

Wubi recommendations:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2229766

As for the other issue, what happens when you press 'I' to ignore? Is this a dual-boot? Can you provide as much info as possible thanks, particularly the error that occurs after 'i'.
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; June 22nd, 2014 at 10:30 PM.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 14.04, 'serious errors'

If you want to install Ubuntu on a separate partition, I would suggest you read the following tutorials which is very detailed. One major disadvantage of using wubi even when it was supported is that it is installed inside windows, much like an installation in virtual software. So if you lose windows, you also lose Ubuntu.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/u...all-guide.html

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 14.04, 'serious errors'

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyscars View Post
    last week I received the option to upgrade to Ubuntu 14.04 from Ubuntu 13.10, I was very happy that I could upgrade, the installation and upgrade were fine until I was prompted to restart and boot into Ubuntu 14.04, sadly I received this screen
    A known problem with some workarounds: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2217829

But if you can avoid Wubi, it is a better solution.