Thread: External hdd write permision

Beans

External hdd write permision

Hi,

I have an external hdd with ntfs. It's mount correct but cant write, just can read the files.

The SO is ubuntu 14.04 but in my old 13.04 never have this problem, why?

What's is wrong with 14.04? I expect a stable version but just have lot of bugs. Last week ask because can't power off the computer and today can't do it. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2229742

Someone have a recomendation? Other distribution or just go back to 13.04. I ask a friend to try linux, but can't install this.

Thx.

Beans

Re: External hdd write permision

To let us see what options the drive is mounted with, please open a terminal (Ctrl-Alt-T) and post back the outputs of -
    Code:
    mount
    Linux mounts an NTFS partition read-only if it does not see a "Clean" flag on the partition table. It happens when the drive has not been properly removed ("Safely remove.." option in windows) from a system it was previously connected to. In this case, the best option (other than 'Force mounting' - which may be risky for the data) is to simply connect the drive again to a windows computer, then "Safely remove" it making sure it is removed after windows shows the message that it can be safely removed.
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags

Beans

Re: External hdd write permision

Hi,

Don't understant but today don't have any problem... Now works fine.

Thx