Thread: Problem with music ubuntu 14.04lts

Beans

Lightbulb Problem with music ubuntu 14.04lts

I eventually managed to get the music files I have mounted from virtualbox to play in rhythmbox music/media player and it still does however, when I try to use a different media/music player I get nothing. Tracks (.wma) just refuse to play.

Also, is there a way I can stop rhythmbox minimising to the system tray (top right of my screen on the little volume indicator thingy) when I click the little red x in the top left of the app window and close the app completely?

My main problem is the first one, not too bothered about the second however a fix for either would be much, much appreciated!

Thanks!!
    Last edited by smokingates; June 22nd, 2014 at 02:25 AM. Reason: formatting and general tidy up

Beans

Re: Problem with music ubuntu 14.04lts

hmmm... since posting this I installed banshee (again - after removing it previously because of the problem listed in original post) and only some of my .wma files play, however the app closes after each file that does play (every single track even if part of an album/compilation) and after a failed play attempt. any ideas anyone?? please help
    Last edited by smokingates; June 22nd, 2014 at 03:22 AM.

Beans

Re: Problem with music ubuntu 14.04lts

OHH THE SATISFACTION!! I fixed it myself turns out I had something calle nepomuk installed (as 3 things) which I researched and turned out to be for KUBUNTU (that I had installed when trying to fix something but can't remember what now) so I figured I would uninstall them, tried from the terminal, no luck, went to software centre, tried to uninstall one and it asked if I wanted to remove all!! PERFECT!!! so I did then I installed SMplayer (again after a removal) and everything works great!! Job Done!
    *bounces around*
    Last edited by smokingates; June 22nd, 2014 at 03:15 AM.