Thread: Get better performance kubuntu14.04 on netbook

Beans

Lightbulb Get better performance kubuntu14.04 on netbook

I have a netbook lenovo s10-2. Since 2012 i have Kubuntu. Not slow like much people think. I have with netbook-plasma. Great desktop.

I updated kubuntu from 13.10 to 14.04, since then my netbook is slow, take more time to open software. I was try to find something like low-fat-settings, that not exist anymore. But do something similar. i cant find any information about Kubuntu 14.04 on netbooks, to know others experience. Of course i can change to other distro with a light desktop, but, i cant give that step, netbook plasma is the best, and doesnt exist a similar solutions to small screens. Netbook plasma is the best solution.

Anyohem knom how get a better performance in kubuntu 14.04 on netbooks?

Thanks

Beans

Re: Get better performance kubuntu14.04 on netbook

First thing I would do is disable akonadi. Instructions are here. Note that you must modify the configuration of the standard clock widget in the panel so it won't use Akonadi. You also cannot use other Akonadi-enabled apps like KMail or Kontact. I don't use those so I routinely disable Akonadi on weaker machines like my ASUS 1201n netbook.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

Re: Get better performance kubuntu14.04 on netbook

Thanks. Now is a little bit better. I was reading that Nepomuk change, i m try to find how disable other services that on my netbook i dont use. This netbook is not may main PC, i use it to my lessons and conferences. KDE plasma always make that people give me questions "What is that?" .